PharmaMar is a commercial-stage oncology company headquartered in Spain and listed on the Bolsas y Mercados Españoles exchange. Despite the successful commercial launch of PharmaMar’s product Zepzelca® (lurbinectedin) in 2020 by partner Jazz Pharmaceuticals as a second-line treatment for SCLC, the Zepzelca® story struggled to gain traction with investors and the broader PharmaMar investment thesis had remained significantly undervalued. With the help of LifeSci, PharmaMar sought to drive greater visibility to its story and improve the company’s valuation.
LifeSci performed the following activities for PharmaMar:
- Improved visibility via proactive outreach to new and existing investors
- Strengthened PharmaMar messaging, positioning, and value proposition through strategic communications
- Organized a Virtual Non-Deal-Roadshow with 15 high quality meetings with institutional investors in the U.S., Europe, and Israel
- Oversaw a Key Opinion Leader Webinar on Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Support with press releases, call scripts, and preparatory Q&A materials
Through its collective efforts with LifeSci, PharmaMar successfully increased awareness and changed perceptions of the company amongst investors, resulting in a dramatic improvement in market valuation. From the beginning to the end of the virtual NDR with LifeSci, PharmaMar’s stock price jumped from €59.44 to €70.00 (+18%), with stock performance continuing to improve to €77.80 (+31%). Furthermore, three institutional investors initiated new positions immediately following the roadshow