AlphaTau (NASDAQ:DRTS): Successful SPAC Transaction
AlphaTau is the developer of an alpha radiation cancer therapy intended to treat solid cancer tumors. The company's therapy utilizes alpha radiation that treats solid tumors with interstitial radioactive seeds that continually release short-lived alpha-emitting atoms into the tumor, enabling physicians to treat small tumors and metastatic lesions that have several significant clinical advantages.
AlphaTau has been a LifeSci client since July 2021. As part of a strategy to raise visibility amongst investors, LifeSci organized over 60 virtual and in-person Non-Deal Roadshows since joining forces as well as hosting an in-person High-Net-Worth Group Event with over 73 meeting attendees.
• Continuous proactive outreach to new investors, ongoing dialogue with existing shareholders, and new introductions to sell-side analysts and bankers
• Worked with management to create company strategy & future outlook plan
• Conducted monthly trading reports, shareholder analysis reports, and investor feedback & targeting lists
• Targeted outreach and marketing of the event to selected HNWI, family-offices, and sell-side analysts & bankers
• Refined Alpha Tau’s positioning & messaging, reviewed & updated teaser to reflect equity story for Life Sci’s Corporate Access Event
On March 8th, 2022 AlphaTau’s stock began trading on the NASDAQ capital market under the ticker “DRTS”. They simultaneously completed a merger with HCCC SPAC putting the company pre-money valuation at $600M. Through completion of the Business Combination, Alpha Tau raised approximately $90M in gross cash proceeds.